Wednesday 7 December 2011

Egg Fried Rice

I don't know what it is about this dish that makes it so good, but since I can remember, whenever my family went to a Chinese restaurant or got a Chinese takeaway, I would always insist upon getting it. I have no particular reason for cooking this, nor do I have any breaking news to tell you, so I think this week I'll get straight to the recipe. Enjoy!

NB: I made quite a simple version in this and there are some add-ins I want to do, so I may make this again in the near (or not so near, I don't really know) future. In the mean-time, feel free to experiment with it and tell me how it goes!

Egg Fried Rice.

Bare Necessities:

1/2 cup Uncooked Basmati Rice (per person)
1-3 Eggs (depending on the size, your preference and also how many people you are cooking for)
a dash Soy Sauce
1/8-1/4 teaspoon Paprika
1 clove Garlic

1. Cook the rice. The amount of water needed and the cooking time will vary depending on many things, so just check the back of the packet first.

2. Beat the eggs.

3. Fry the rice in oil with the garlic and some salt and pepper if you wish. If it isn't making those sizzling sounds after a few minutes, add a dash more oil and turn up the heat. Remember to keep moving the rice around so that it doesn't burn!

4. Clear a space in the frying pan and scramble the eggs

5. Mix the scrambled eggs into the rice.

6. Add soy sauce to taste and serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment