Wednesday 18 April 2012

The Best Blueberry Muffins

These are nice. I love blueberry muffins anyways, so maybe I'm a tad bias, but honestly? These are nice. My mum actually had them for breakfast every morning for about a two weeks, and she doesn't even normally have breakfast! I'd actually been wanting to find a really decent blueberry muffin recipe for a while now, so when I saw this over here, I knew I had to make them. This recipe is a direct copy from the original blog that I found them on, and to be honest, I wouldn't change a thing now that I've tried it, it worked perfectly!

The Best Blueberry Muffins
Bare Necessities
3cups/300g Plain Flour
1/2tsp Baking Soda/Bicarbonate Of Soda
1tbsp Baking Powder
1cup/225g Sugar
2 Eggs
1 1/2cups/375ml Plain Yogurt
the zest of 1 Lemon
1 1/2cups/150g Blueberries
1/2cup/114g Butter

1. Preheat the your oven to 375F/190C.
2. Line your muffin tin. I don't remember how many I made, but I think it was about 24.
3. Beat the eggs and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Add the butter and beat until it is fully mixed in.
5. Add the baking soda, baking powder and half the flour and fold it in.
6. Mix in the yogurt.
7. Fold in the remaining flour.
8. Stir in the zest and blueberries, but be careful not to squish the blueberries too much, or your muffins will go a grey-ey purple and won't look as nice.
9. Pour the batter equally into all your muffin cups and pop in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a nice golden colour and a knife comes out clean.
10. Pop onto a cooling rack to cool and then enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Aaah really nice!!! You should go on Masterchef!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Haha I would love to, maybe someday...

      Delete
  2. OMG!Yummo!!!Found you on the Blog-Train,net and just became a follower.Great Recipes...keep them coming...LOL
    http:/craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete