Wednesday 9 May 2012

Crash Hot Potatoes

I've reached that stage now, where the revision for my looming GCSE's has yet to be done and all I want is comfort food to console me about the lack of summer that we're getting over here in England. I'm also kind of eating this comfort food as a way to procrastinate from revision, but I never seem to be actually getting up and doing some much needed exercise because 'I need to revise'. It's a bit of a vicious cycle that I think many in my situation or one similar to mine is experiencing. Either way, I figured it would be better to snack on something (reasonably) healthy and (completely) home made as opposed to the chemicals in our store bought food.

And so! I present to you: crash hot potatoes! I'm telling you, they're so quick and easy to make, you can't NOT do these when you're procrastinating or avoiding your revision/work in any form

Note: I haven't put any quantities in, because you just take as much as you want.

Crash Hot Potatoes
Bare Necessities
New Potatoes (the smaller the better, I think)
Salt
Mixed Herbs
Pepper
Salted Butter
Olive Oil

1. Preheat the oven to 450F/230C.
2. Boil the potatoes in a pan until you can easily poke a fork through them.
3. Drain the potatoes.
4. On a baking tray, generously drizzle the oil. You don't want the potatoes to stick and burn, so don't skimp out on it, having said that, you don't want your potatoes swimming in oil either.
5. Scatter your potatoes onto the tray, spacing them out nicely. I did mine a bit too close, but they worked fine anyways.
6. Once you're happy with that, get a potato masher, and gently press down on each potato once or twice, you want them to squish a bit to expose their fluffy innards, but you don't want them to be too flat.
7. Put mini chunks of butter onto the potatoes, then generously sprinkle the salt, pepper and the mixed herbs.
8. Pop in the oven for about 25 mins or until crispy on the edges.
9. Serve up and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Those potatoes look like magic! I can't wait until the potato harvest. Mine are still underground. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, they really taste like it! Oh that's so cool that you grow your own! I wish I did that!
    Aoife xx

    ReplyDelete